Gen X Profile
GENERATION X was launched in 1998 after the Band Leader was approached by people with promotion and carnival experience to come together to take the all-inclusive carnival experience to a higher level with innovation, ultimate customer service and quality costumes.
Carnival in Miami had been void of options for masqueraders. Many were desperate for a change while others had simply ceased from getting involved in the Carnival parade because of a need for a unique and professional approach to Carnival.
Overwhelmed with requests from masqueraders seeking to be part of a fresh and vibrant ‘Carnival Experience’ Generation X was born.
Generation X, now popularly and affectionately called Gen X is a Carnival Production and Event Promotion Organization with a team that has been involved in event-planning & management and carnival for numerous years. The Gen X family, as we call ourselves, is made up of a fusion of people with expertise in every area of event planning, marketing & promotion, mas–making, fashion designing, and experienced carnival people who are focused on providing the ‘Ultimate Carnival Experience’ for Masqueraders by producing superior service, quality products and excellent value for money.
What is the Ultimate Carnival Experience?
- Mobile Bar with a variety of alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks
- Mobile Food Truck serving Breakfast and Lunch
- Private security team
- On-site paramedics
- Mobile restrooms
- Cool Zone
- Roaming photographers and videographers
- Goody Bags with souvenirs and carnival essentials
- First Class Customer Service
- Phenomenal male and female costumes of the highest caliber.
Generation X Firsts
Generation X has revolutionized Events and Carnival in Miami by introducing innovative ideas to the standard custom of events and Carnival in Miami.
- In 1999 Generation X set a standard in the Carnival arena by being the first ever Carnival Band to introduce a computerized registration system.
- Generation was the first event promoter to introduce the taking of pictures at events and posting collages of pictures of past events and carnival at our events
- In 2000 Generation X was the first Band in Florida to launch a web site for its band and events.
- In 2001, Masqueraders were able to register online
- First Promoter to take pictures at our events and post on our web site for patrons to view their pictures from the various events. This paved the way for the now popular Party Web Sites.
- First to introduce innovative signature events, such as:
- J’ouvert in 1999 (although another Promoter claims their event is the Original J’ouvert – NOT TRUE)
- The ever-popular Spring Break Wet Fete and Summer Splash Wet Fete introduced in 2002
- Carnival Cooler Block Party with the Gen X Big Truck in 2003
- Mug Fest in 2004
- Uni-Fete in 2005
- Bacchanal Wednesday in 2007
- Hysteria in 2010
- In 2002 Masqueraders were able to register and pay for their costumes online at our web site. Today patrons can purchase their event tickets on our web site and over 99% of our registrations are processed online from the convenience of our masqueraders’ home or office.
- First to introduce VIP membership cards for preferred registration and admission to our events and discounts.
- The first to introduce a cool zone with misters in Florida.
- First to introduce videos on our web site from carnival day and from our major signature events.
- First to introduce Mobile restrooms in our band on carnival day.
- First to introduce a professional Mobil Bar (not the standard U-Hall Truck used by other bands for food and drinks) on Carnival day in the parade.
- First to introduce a separate Professional Mobile Food Truck preparing freshly cooked food in the parade on Carnival day.
Generation X continues to step it up each year to be creative with innovative ideas thereby improving the Masqueraders Ultimate Carnival Experience and continues to be the most popular Band in Florida and the Leader in the industry.